Saturday, September 6, 2008

9. slow motion

I didn’t know where Boy lived, so we arranged to meet outside a convenience store. As I pulled into the parking lot, he got out of his car and walked towards me. It’s so cheesy but I remember it in slow motion! He wanted me to follow him to his house but I was frozen, indecisive, confused. He got into the passenger seat and looked at me. He asked me how I was feeling, if I was okay, what did I want to do now. I couldn’t say.

I tried to string together a sentence, telling him how numb I felt, how I didn’t know what I’d expected but that this felt weird, wrong, that I didn’t deserve to be here with him now and that he shouldn’t be so kind and caring and understanding. I thought I deserved punishment for leaving my ex.

So then he simplified things. “Do you still have a boyfriend?” Hesitantly I said no.
And then he kissed me.
He kissed me good and deep and for a very long time and the whole world melted away and there was only him and me in a bubble somewhere high above the planet and it was the best kiss of my life!

When we finally drew apart he sat smiling at me and asked if it felt better now.
Cheeky monkey, it certainly did.

4 comments:

Cate Subrosa said...

Ok, I'm back :)

I posted about your blog over at my place in the meantime...

Oh, and I totally felt that kiss!

BB said...

so did i!

cheeky monkey...

Modelmental said...

GS, thanks so much for plugging me! And oi, that kiss...

BB, don't you just want it to last forever? Love cheeky monkeys.

The Cwtch said...

I have just discovered your blog and am reading my way through it from the beginning ... oh my goodness this is so romantic. A moment that will stay with you and that you will remember forever.