Tuesday, September 16, 2008

17. countdown

At this point it’s necessary to mention that there was the little matter of a trip to the States in my future. I’d been plotting together with my very good friend Lala for about a year (therefore way before I even met the Stateside-living Boy!), and the ultimate goal was for me to see NYC in the fall. Since we were going to fly so far and pay so much to get to the USA, we decided it would be wasteful not to also spend some time with friends of mine in LA and another couple of days in Las Vegas.

The week in Vegas fell in the middle of the journey, and there we’d lucked out by getting a full two-bedroom suite just off the strip. Thanks to this arrangement, we’d been inviting any interested parties to join us in Vegas. I checked with Lala that she didn’t mind, and extended the invite to Beautiful Boy. Now the whole truth would be that Lala wasn’t exactly keen to play third wheel in Sin City, but I decided that I would be a fool to be in the same country as Boy and not make every effort to see him.

Boy booked his ticket to Vegas, and we actually had a date when we would see each other again! We started a countdown, 51 days till next we meet!

11 comments:

Cate Subrosa said...

Oh, I know what that feels like.

Actually it's 52 days till our wedding today :)

MouseClark said...

Oh I remember that feeling...

I was in a long distance relationship for over a year, every morning was one less sleep til the next precious moments we got to spend together!

I can't wait for post about your US trip!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand the anticipation. Please tell us more! Quickly1

Anonymous said...

oh, the anticipation! not only for you and him but also for us, your readers!

Cheryl Cochran said...

Oh goodness, I know how you feel. I live in Ohio and he lives in Florida. The days can not pass quickly enough.

Rachel said...

more, please! x

Modelmental said...

GS, congrats if I haven't said so before... I've been following all your preparations, how exciting!

Ceecee, I hope to never experience that feeling again, it's too excruciating! Looking forward to writing about the trip!

Mrs S, going as quick as I can, maybe I should get a ghost writer too? Or just clone myself? Or just ask my computer nicely to stop going peepaw after one measly post...

Mandy, I have readers... What a feeling! Thank you!

Cheryl, I feel for you! Is there any end in sight for your separation? Hope so!

Rachel, soonest!

Mrs T said...

Vegas wedding.....??? ;o)

Modelmental said...

hie-hie charlie, that would be fun!

cara said...

More! I know, I know, there's plenty more coming since I'm playing catch up, but still, you inspire cries of "more more" even then!

Modelmental said...

Peonies, soo nice to have you back. Will work on yet 'more more' shortly!