Tuesday, September 16, 2008

19. an answer

After a long sleepless night, I woke up to an answer:

Thank you for telling me, I really appreciate it.
Just so you know - could have kissed a girl tonight - but I didn't.
But we did say we were single, so I suppose I will have to live with it.
Love you

Which is not too bad, considering. However, coming from the Beautiful Boy I knew, usually so emotive and effusive with language and sharing, this was terribly brusque. I felt relieved, but still sad. Afraid that I’d broken the tenuous magic between us.

I faced the day head-on, trying to trust that all would work out as it should. We shared a few more messages, each one a little lighter and friendlier than the last. By the end of the day, I rushed home to answer his phone call.

He teased me about the Other Boy, calling me names and professing shock at my low moral stance. He carried on about how hot the French girls were and how they just loved his little accent.
And then he asked me out.
Like a schoolboy.
He said ‘I am crazy about you and I love you and I want you in my life and I don’t want you to kiss any more other boys. Won’t you please be my girlfriend?’
I remember vividly how I actually shrieked, like a schoolgirl, and said yes.

19 comments:

Melissa said...

*SQUEAL*

:D

Look at you! You have readers!

Anonymous said...

YAY!

This just keeps getting better!

Mrs T said...

This is SO cute!

beka said...

I'm loving this.

CASPER said...

I confess, I am addicted to your blog! You write this story so well. Fanstastic!

Cate Subrosa said...

OMG I totally wanted to shriek like a schoolgirl too reading this, but I'm at work so that would have been a little inappropriate ;)

Oh, I loved this. This is the best story ever. I am grinning!

Kim said...

Oh dear he sounds just so bloody adorable!!The thought of you being with someone else must have made him realise he wants you all to himself!
How lovely Redframe!

Rachel said...

Me too Guilty, I don't think my boss would have approved!

Caz said...

WAAAAT!!!! I just read your last few posts and I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! yay!!

Anonymous said...

yay!

redframe,

i am really enjoying your blog...saw it on peonies and polaroids' and have been reading everyday since over my morning coffee and breakfast at work.

can't wait to hear what happens next...

Barefoot Billionaire said...

Loved this particular 'episode'. Is this too good to be true? Will have to wait until tomorrow...

BB said...

dt, i agree wholeheartedly!

its amazing how a "shock to the system" can jolt you into action.

I love the "and I don't want you to kiss any more other boys", as well as the "schoolboy v schoolgirl" analogy - that's exactly what love feels like in the beginning.

redframe - you are stealing my heart bit by bit, line by line, episode after epsiode...

Catie Nastovici said...

found you (like the rest) through peony. i am loving this! it reminds me so much of one of my previous relationship (before the one im in now, which is rockin'). i'm so happy he manned up! (big step for the "boy"! :)

Modelmental said...

In order for me to keep writing the story and not just responses, I'll just say thank you for all your empathic (though muffled) squeals, welcome beloved new readers and I also anxiously await the rest... Let's see where we go today!
(And thank you thank you thank you!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! How fun! What a cute little story. Congrats . . . but this in the past . . . so i hope nothing is coming up that will spoil it! Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Em

Modelmental said...

hey em, that's exactly how i felt, hope nothing's gonna come along and spoil this... more on that later!

cara said...

Yay! I felt a little lurch in my heart and got a little teary there!

Kari said...

Your stories are so cute and I'm glad that things have worked out for you and Beautiful Boy! Hooray for true love and real happiness.

I found your blog via your friend Ruby Slippers, who I found through Cakewrecks. What an unexpected treat. Your dress was gorgeous, by the way.

Redframe said...

Aw thanks so much Kari! Love the way the interwebs lead us to such lovely & interesting places in a seemingly random way... I love Ruby & I really love cakewrecks!